Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"Meet the Author" Interview

Finding Grace, my debut novel (published in 2012) is a story set in the town where my husband and I grew up--Plattsburgh, NY.  And like me, its young heroine, Grace Kelly, turns 14 the summer of 1972 and gets ready to enter the local Catholic high school.

It is only fitting then that it was an old high school friend from Plattsburgh (who was a few years behind us--a classmate of one of my younger sisters and one of my husband's younger brothers) who was instrumental in giving me the opportunity to talk about that book with Ken Huck of Radio Maria.  This wonderful gal--who lived right down the street from my husband, on the shore of Lake Champlain--belongs to the same parish as Ken these days, and she knew that he had a show called "Meet the Author," where he talks to writers of Catholic works of fiction and non-fiction.  God bless her, she gave him a copy of Finding Grace; and God bless him, he liked it enough to want to bring me on his show (where I was able to chat about Erin's Ring as well).

When January 15 (the scheduled date for the interview) rolled around, I was a bundle of nerves before I went on--but just as with the Catholic Vitamins podcast interview back in December, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.  In fact, I enjoyed the experience more than I would have thought possible.

If you'd like to listen, here's a link to the interview (I'm the second guest--about 32 minutes in): http://radiomaria.us/january-15-2015-vivian-dudro-and-laura-pearl/. 

No comments:

Post a Comment