Friday, March 1, 2024

An Archive of Reviews of Finding Grace and Erin's Ring

I am in the process of cleaning up and updating the sidebars of this blog and and my flagship blog, String o' Pearls.  I used to have an image of an old blogging/writing friend, Kari Burke (author of The Life I Dreamed) on the String o' Pearls sidebar, and if you clicked on it, you could read a review of Erin's Ring.  I also had an image of the cover of Kari's novel on there, and if you clicked on that, you could read a review of Finding Grace.  But I've decided to simplify the look of both home pages.  However, I do love and appreciate these lovely reviews so much, so I thought I'd post links to them here, for old times' sake:

Kari Burke's review of Finding Grace

Kari Burke's review of Erin's Ring


Another dear Catholic author friend from my early days of writing and publishing books was Therese Heckenkamp (author of Frozen Footprints).  I had one of her reviews posted on the sidebar here, and one over at String o' Pearls.  Now, I'll just list the links to that pair of generous reviews right here.

Therese Heckenkamp's review of Finding Grace

Therese Heckenkamp's review of Erin's Ring

 

I was able to "meet" and correspond with so many wonderful Catholic writers during those years (from about 2012-2015), and one of them was a sweet blogger named Tiffany Walsh, who was kind enough to write reviews for both books, and a blurb from one was printed on the back cover of Erin's Ring. (Tiffany's blog was called "Life of a Catholic Librarian," and one of the characters in Erin's Ring was a librarian, so it was a match made in Heaven!) 

Tiffany Walsh's review of Finding Grace

Tiffany Walsh's review of Erin's Ring


For ages now, I've had a review of Finding Grace on the sidebar over at String o’ Pearls, one written by a twenty-something young blogger with whom I used to correspond regularly.  My sweet friend posted her review on a site called "The Catholic Young Woman."

Review of Finding Grace at The Catholic Young Woman


A website called "Catholic Fiction" posted a review of Erin's Ring back in 2015, and I've had a link to that review on my String o' Pearls sidebar.  Here is the link to that one.

Catholic Fiction's review of Erin's Ring


There have been other reviews over the years, on Amazon and Goodreads and on other blogs; but these are the ones that I'm going to eliminate from my sidebars now, and I didn't want to forget how to access them.


P.S. I don't know if anyone outside my family and close ring of friends will ever read Marguerite's Diary; but if you do, and you feel compelled to write a little review,  I would love to read it!  (I promise my skin is thick enough to take it if you're not a fan!)


P.P.S. While I'm updating my sites, I should probably change that picture up there.  It was taken in 2012, and my hair is a good bit grayer now (my face a good bit saggier as well!) than it was back then, when I was a mere 54-year-old newbie author!

No comments:

Post a Comment