Saturday, July 23, 2022

Hoo Boy...I Think I'm Writing Another Book!

Now there’s something I never really thought I’d say!

But I have some granddaughters (son #1’s four oldest, aged 7 to 11) who have requested a sequel to Erin’s Ring, which they’ve all read more than once.  Every author dreams of having enthusiastic readers of their books like these girls, I’ll tell you!


So I’m going to give it a shot—more as a gift from Grammy than anything else.   I’ll self-publish and have copies printed off for my book-loving girls.  If I can get this project done by Christmas 2022, it will be practically miraculous.  

I've actually had the idea for this book floating around in my head for about seven years now, but I never got beyond doing a little research and writing a rough draft of Chapter One (however, that was before I had granddaughters encouraging me to write a sequel!).  It's been years since I worked on it.

All I’ll say for now is that it's going to be another foray into historical fiction, and that the working title is Marguerite’s Diary.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Your books were so well written I had always hoped for more. Your granddaughters are a good influence on you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete